Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of 3/20

How did you do on the work?
I finished all 3 vodcasts this week. I was also able to finish the Mendelian Genetics and Pedigrees packet. On Friday I finished the argumentation activity on Meiosis and Tetrad Formation. 

What do you think you understand well?
I understand monohybrid crosses, phenotypes, and genotypes well. I am able to do monohybrid crosses. I am then able to use the results to predict genotypes and phenotypes. 

Where do you think you could improve?
I struggle with dihybrid crosses and test crosses. I also have difficulty with knowing how many chromosomes are in the cell/cells at different parts of meiosis.

What strategies will you use to improve?
For the dihybrid crosses and test crosses I need to do some practice problems. I also need to look more closely at meiosis. 

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
We are currently looking at standard 4.5. This standard looks at meiosis. Meiosis is very important to biology because it creates the cells that allow organisms to reproduce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment